EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Work Showcase! / CFContact Form 2.0!

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: CFContact Form 2.0!

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

JJfutbol
08-17-2005 @ 12:55 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

UPDATE!! - v3.0 now available
I have updated the contact form now to a new version thanks to Nigel! He has been very helpful in noticing several problems with the previous version which now have been fixed. One being that I completely forgot to update the CFC Validator I included in it. Smile  Silly me. Here is an overview of the changes:

- Redid form with new CSS (more browser consistent)
- fewer XHTML tags
- changed XHTML doctype to 1.0 STRICT as that doctype is better for serving html documents, XHTML 1.1 is not
- more semantic tags used like fieldset and legend
- uses new CFC Validator 3.0 (made several fixes to some RE's, main one being isFullName)

Original Post
Yes I have updated my Contact form now to version 2.0!! I have completely redone it so thats why there won't be a version 1.1. I made such a big change, in fact everything that it warranted the new number! Check out the new features:

- Form structured with CSS (no tables)
- Full CSS, degrades very nicely in old browsers
- Fully accessible - WatchFire (Bobby) approved
- Validates as XHTML 1.1
- Validated CSS
- Uses CFValidator CFC for checking form data

I'm currently planning a new CFC called Utilities for some basic to very hand and regularly used functions. I plan to implement that CFC in the next version of the Contact form app. Let me know if you would like to contribute anything or if you have any suggestions or functions you would like to see in the new Utilities CFC.

----------------------------------------------------
Need FREE CF applications?? Then my site has it all, http://www.javier-julio.com/coldfusion/downloads/ In time I will be including many more free CF apps and ASP ones as well. Currently working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.1.

This message was edited by JJfutbol on 11-30-05 @ 9:11 AM

megan
08-17-2005 @ 8:15 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Cool! - thanks JJ, I will try it out  megan Smile

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

JJfutbol
08-17-2005 @ 9:26 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hey thanks megan. Smile  Let me know what you think. I validated it yesterday and gave it a quick test run seems to be working fine. I'm planning out now a CFUtils cfc that will include commonly used functions that can be used over and over in your apps. I had included 2 new functions in Validator.cfc but they really should appear in Utils.cfc when I release it and when I do I will update the Contact form to 2.1. Hope it works well for ya. Even if you don't use it for the CF code at least take it for the CSS, XHTML and Accessibility. It will teach you a lot. Smile

----------------------------------------------------
Need FREE CF applications?? Then my site has it all, http://www.javier-julio.com/coldfusion/downloads/ In time I will be including many more free CF apps and ASP ones as well. Currently working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.1.

megan
08-17-2005 @ 10:04 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!