EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Work Showcase! / CFValidator!

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: CFValidator! -- page: 1 2

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

megan
08-16-2005 @ 10:23 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

as far as feedback is concerned, I like how if the user makes a boo-boo, then they don't have to retype their fields that are correct, what they put in is still there, the only down-side of that is that I had to write a little routine for a button so the user can clear the form after a sucessful post, in case they need to post a second time, but it is no biggy considering how time is saved implementing validation on the form. cheers, megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

JJfutbol
08-16-2005 @ 10:48 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

If the post is successful you don't have to show the current page. You can relocate them once your business done whether its a query or insert statement, or cfmail, etc. You can do anything once the validation is successful and simply redirect them to another page. I just have it showing the same page for testing purposes and to have those that are testing out the form still get the form itself so they never leave the page. But if I made a form I would do my best to make sure I don't show them the form again. Let me know how you are doing cuz I think this is my best work to date. It should really save people lots and lots of time in the long run. Smile

----------------------------------------------------
Need FREE CF applications?? Then my site has it all, http://www.javier-julio.com/coldfusion/downloads/ In time I will be including many more free CF apps and ASP ones as well. Currently working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.1.

megan
08-16-2005 @ 10:56 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

So far I have just tested it on a simple feedback form, JJ - I will let you know how it goes with more complicated forms.  I wasn't finding fault, just giving some feedback as requested ;P - later, megan

ps for feedback forms, I tend to keep people on the form page after the "Thanks!" message in case they forgot something, it is easier to add their "PS" right then than to have to click on a link on a button or menu to go back to the form.  Just my own quirk Smile

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

JJfutbol
08-16-2005 @ 11:03 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!