EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Flex Development / closing effects applied to popup titlewindow

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: closing effects applied to popup titlewindow -- page: 1 2

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

zionist
05-02-2008 @ 7:50 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi how can i apply an effect to a popup titlewindow to shrink and move position when the close button of the titlewindow is clicked.

kicker
05-02-2008 @ 9:14 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I would use a timer to be called when your close button is hit that would have a function that moves/shrinks your window and eventually close it. You will need to add an event listener to the titlewindow for the close event. Within that event listener function start a timer that has an event listener listening for the TimerEvent.Timer
then the function that handles that event use scaleX and scaleY to shrink the window in increments till it reaches the size you want before closing it all together. Something like below:

import flash.events.TimerEvent;
import flash.utils.Timer;

import mx.events.CloseEvent;

private var closeTimer:Timer = new Timer(10);

private function closeWindow(evt:CloseEvent):void
{
     closeTimer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, shrinkWindow);
     closeTimer.start();
}

private function shrinkWindow(evt:TimerEvent):void
{
     if(myTitleWindow.scaleX <= 0)
     {
          myTitleWindow.visible
= false;
     }
     else
     {
          myTitleWindow.scaleX
-= .1;
          myTitleWindow.scaleY
-= .1;
     }
}

Then
just add the closeWindow to your titleWindow attribute called "close" like this:

<  mx:TitleWindow close="closeWindow(event)" />

And your window will shrink and eventually disappear. Play with the timer to have it happen faster or slower. Also the scaleX and Y have values between 0 and 1. One being full size and 0 being no measurable size. You can also check out transitions provided with AS3 and Flex. They have a few that can do alot of different effects, I don't use them because they don't give you much control for detailed effects, but there is one that will do the shrink effect. Another thing to look into.

Craig

This message was edited by kicker on 5-2-08 @ 9:14 AM

zionist
05-02-2008 @ 10:48 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

hi what if the titlewindow is a custom component. the id attribute is not allowed on the root tag of a component so how do i refer to it in actionscript?

kicker
05-02-2008 @ 11:15 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

The custom component should be able to be given a id within the main application mxml file. It will look something like this:

<  ns:CustomComponent />

If you are calling the component through actionscript then you can still do what I displayed above just be altering the code a little, by changing the reference to the component to "this".

Craig

zionist
05-02-2008 @ 11:22 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!