EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Flex Development / preselecting the first row in a flex datagrid

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: preselecting the first row in a flex datagrid -- page: 1 2 3 4

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

stinasius
03-15-2008 @ 8:26 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

hi guys, how can i pre-select the first row of a flex datagrid on application load.

kicker
03-15-2008 @ 8:50 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

create a function or put this in the application tags creationComplete attribute:

{my_dg.selectedIndex = 0}

Leave the curly brackets around it if you place it in the tag directly. Replace "my_dg" with your datagrid name.

Craig

stinasius
03-15-2008 @ 9:22 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

hi kicker i alreay have initMeeting(); in the application tags creationComplete attribute, how can i add {my_dg.selectedIndex = 0} to it. sorry i know this quetion is kind of weak but am still new to flex.

stinasius
03-15-2008 @ 9:30 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

sorry, just tried it out and it has worked but there is something i didnt ask that i should have probably asked at first, the datagrid is bound to certain textinputs on the doc so i wanted that the first row is preselected so that the textinputs can be populated with the data from the grid cells. this solution preselects the first row but the text inputs have no data in them.hope you can understand what am trying to say.

kicker
03-15-2008 @ 9:36 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

You can have more than one action occur in creationComplete here is how:

creationComplete="initMeeting();my_dg.selectedIndex = 0; "

I was mistaken with the curly brackets though they are not needed.

Craig

kicker
03-15-2008 @ 9:41 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Do you have a on change action that is part of the datagrid tag? if not try adding the change attribute and call a function that loads what you want into your text input spaces. It should work that way since creation complete isn't called until the entire application is completed. Which means that the eventlistener for the datagrid change event should have already been established.

Craig

This message was edited by kicker on 3-15-08 @ 9:42 AM

stinasius
03-15-2008 @ 9:47 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!