EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Flash Development / flash .swf and a flash form-can I integrate?

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: flash .swf and a flash form-can I integrate?

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

riogrande
08-02-2007 @ 11:34 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi all,
   I have a .swf file and at the end of the flash I want to have a cf flash form. Has anyone had any experience of this? What is the best way-do you call an external file with the flash form or something? Thanks

kicker
08-02-2007 @ 2:06 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

That is fairly simple as long as you think outside the box. What I mean by that is we know from the past that swf images were "embedded" into the page. That was until Microsoft in an attempt to excuse itself from a law suit for patent infringement switched gears and made it necessary to use javascript. Well creating javascript ontop of javascript isn't the easiest of tasks. So how do we introduce a swf file into a swf file. Well you fake it out. And here is how.

<  cfsavecontent variable="swf">
<p><  img id="mySwf" hspace="0" vspace="0" src="mySwf.swf"></p>
</          cfsavecontent>

<  cfform format="flash" height="500">
     <  cfformgroup type="panel">
     <  cfformitem type="html" width="425" height="125" bind="#swf#"></  cfformitem>
     <  cfinput type="text" name="something" label="Enter Something" size="15">
     <  cfinput type="button" name="buton" value="Some Button">
     </       cfformgroup>
</        cfform>

I created an image src for the flash and loaded it into a cfformitem tag. This method works well if you know the hieght and width of the flash object. You can see an actual working example here

Hope this helps.

Craig
Clearcg.com

This message was edited by kicker on 8-2-07 @ 2:08 PM

kicker
08-02-2007 @ 2:10 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!