EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Dreamweaver / Server Name could not be resolved

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Server Name could not be resolved

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

tans007
11-06-2007 @ 6:18 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi there

I have set up a site in Dreamweaver CS3 and it has been working fine up until last night.  I was playing around with CF Report Writer.

Anyway the problem that I am experiencing is as follows:

Everytime I go to click on RDS login in the Application window I get a message stating:

The server name could not be resolved.

Possible reasons:

1. The URL specified for this site's testing server maybe incorrect:  http://localhost/mysite/

2. The testing server maybe incorrectly configured (e.g. ColdFusion may not be running).

I have checked everything that I can think of - the URL when entered into the browser works, CF is running, just that I get this error message when trying to connect to the RDS server.

I'm lost as to why this error is coming up, and also how to correct the error - there must have been something changed - not sure what as the message doesnt exactly give any clues.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

regards

Toby

louissto56
11-10-2007 @ 7:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!