EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Dreamweaver / Cursor Hint on MouseOver

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cursor Hint on MouseOver

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

skeeter
06-01-2007 @ 3:45 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Is there an easy way, or behaviour to apply, that will display a text hint next to the cursor on a MouseOver event for a form object?

Thanks

Webmaster
06-01-2007 @ 10:32 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

Try title:

<a href="" title="">

<input type="submit"  title="" />

etc/

Pablo Varando
Senior Application Architect
EasyCFM.COM, LLC.

904.483.1457 \\ mobile
webmaster@easycfm.com \\email

seefor
06-02-2007 @ 7:38 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

You can try this
http://website-design.anandsoft.com/free-scripts/colored-mouse-over.html

It's a javascript that works well Smile

Google is my friend!

TenTonJim
07-12-2007 @ 12:56 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I would go with Pablo's suggestion - the title attribute. If you use that in conjunction with the label tag, it is not only user friendly for sighted people but also very useful to blind users (508/ADA Compliant stuff), as the speech readers will read the titles to the non-sighted user. Last time I checked (it's been a while), but speech readers didn't do JavaScript. Using the title attribute in the label tag will also cause the tooltip to display when you mouse over the text associated with the form field. Mouse over the form field and associated text below (First Name:)...

<label for="firstname" title="Please enter your first name">First Name:</label> <input type="text" id="firstname" title="Please enter your first name" />
The code... uses the title attribute twice, once in the label tag and once in the form field:
<xmp><label for="firstname" title="Please enter your first name">First Name:</label> <input type="text" id="firstname" title="Please enter your first name" /></xmp>

OR

<label for="firstname" title="Please enter your first name">First Name: <input type="text" id="firstname" /></label>
The code... uses the title attribute once (in label tag only) as the associated text and the form field are both wrapped within the label tag:
<xmp><label for="firstname" title="Please enter your first name">First Name: <input type="text" id="firstname" /></label></xmp>

Have a great day!

This message was edited by TenTonJim on 7-12-07 @ 2:52 AM

Website Designed and Developed by Pablo Varando.