EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Other / Working with paradox databases

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Working with paradox databases

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Lossed
05-31-2009 @ 6:45 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Howdy y'all.

Long time no chat. So what better way to herald my comeback than with this doozie:

Suffice it to say I have absolutely no say over the use of a very legacy database as paradox but I need coldfusion to interact with paradox files and also need to ascertain the relationships between paradox tables.

Can coldfusion help? Can I treat it as an ODBC datasource and what drivers will I need?

Has anyone successfully ridden such a beast in the past and have any great resources to help me?

Thanks in advance.

Lossed
---------------------------
When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail Smile
-----------------------------

**Edit** OK, so I can use Intersolv 3.11 ODBC Driver, or Microsoft Paradox Driver, or even the JDBC driver that ships with paradox 9 or another java driver from some HK company, but what all these have in common is they are too expensive for this destitute CFMer to spring for.

So, does anyone know where I can land a free, suitable driver or does anyone out there mind sharing their paradox JDBC driver please? I won't tell Corel if you don't. A long shot I know but it's not like this is cutting edge technology they are evn selling any more, is it?

Thanks.

This message was edited by Lossed on 6-1-09 @ 10:45 PM

Website Designed and Developed by Pablo Varando.