EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MySQL Related Issues / Access to Mysql

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Access to Mysql

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Dare
01-14-2010 @ 2:20 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi guys,

Ive searched extensively before asking this question, maybe its just small and silly.

Ive migrated from access to mysql, every thing on my local computer was working fine, i was able to access the mysql database, update etc etc just like i was working with the old access database.

When it came time to uploading my site to the web, i keep getting a "Datasource "name" could not be found."

Ive uploaded the mysql database to the site using phpadmin, i see the tables and can query them from there, ive added the database from my helm cp. I think it has something to do with the password and username for the database on the site, where does it go, maybe in the application.cfm file here:

<cfset Request.DSN = "DBname" add username and password here?/>

or where exactly maybe whenever i query the database?

any help is much appreciated.

cfSearchin
01-14-2010 @ 3:17 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Every host's admin interface is different. But that sounds like you are either
a) Using the wrong datasource name in your cfquery's, or b) You do not have a CF datasource defined yet on the remote server.  Did you create a datasource on the remote server?

Dare
01-15-2010 @ 5:59 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Sorry, by remote server do you mean my host,

if so, what i did was add my database and  i gave it the same name as my local pcs database. I also added a ODBC DSN Name and gave it the same name as my database and type of mysql 5.

cfSearchin
01-15-2010 @ 3:12 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Yes, I do mean your host.  

Where did you add this "ODBC DSN"? I have not used an ODBC connection in a long time. I only use it when I "have to". But IIRC, I thought there were two steps. First create an ODBC DSN on the o/s first, then create a CF datasource that is _linked to_ your ODBC DSN. It did not happen automatically. But as I said, I do not use ODBC much. So take my comments with a grain of salt.

This message was edited by cfSearchin on 1-15-10 @ 3:15 PM

Dare
01-16-2010 @ 1:02 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I added the ODBC DSN from my hosts control panel; helm. I read the instructions, it said add your database then add add an ODBC DSN with a mysql 4/5 type then add a user for it with a username and password.

My database is on their server, dont i need to define a driver for it to be used up there? wouldnt that be the ODBC DSN or how would they connect to the database?

Still havent got anywhere, i can connect to the database on the remote server with dreamweaver and querry it but somehow i still get that error on the online site.

cfSearchin
01-16-2010 @ 1:32 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!