EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MySQL Related Issues / CF & MySQL Sorting without Order By

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: CF & MySQL Sorting without Order By

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

patrickl
11-09-2009 @ 2:03 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I have two tables, one is customerTable and the other is RecordTable. CustomerTable has the customer ID and five additional columns. Each column holds an ID from RecordTable. These are used to report the 5 records that are associated with the customer. To deliver the report to the user I query the table with no ORDER BY clause in the SQL thinking that it will return the results in the same manner that the customerTable delivered them. But somehow the results are being sorted numerically.

So CustomerTable's 5 columns are DayOne, DayTwo,DayThree,DayFour,DayFive. Each holding an ID from the recordTable. when I query that and run it in a list it is sorted by column. But when I then use that list to query the RecordTablke to display the content of those record IDs it is sorting them numerically.

So my select query delivers this:

But when I query the RecordTable with that list it returns them like this:

I am not using any ORDER BY. I tried usubg Order By NULL. That did not work. Why is MySQL ordering these results and how do I stop that?

I am querying like this:
ID IN ( <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#info.Day1#" />,
                    <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#info.Day2#" />,
                    <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#info.Day3#" />,
                    <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#info.Day4#" />,
                    <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#info.Day5#" />)

Thank you for any advise or input.
PL

nmiller
11-09-2009 @ 3:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!