EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / Coldfusion MS SQL problem

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Coldfusion MS SQL problem -- page: 1 2

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

donboe
11-10-2004 @ 1:17 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I'm desperate Confused and hope somebody here can help me out.

I use CFMX and I created a data source for a remote Microsoft SQL database. I can access the database using MS Access on my local computer but trying to connect to it with Coldfusion gives the following message:

Connection verification failed for data source: HellWebData []java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection

I used the folowing data to establish the conection:
COMMENTED OUT YOUR SQL INFORMATION, THIS IS A SECURITY RISK FOR YOU AS YOU ARE GIVING YOUR SA PASSWORD. (Pablo)

Can somebody please tell me how I can solve this problem. Question

Thanks in advance

This message was edited by Webmaster on 11-10-04 @ 7:05 PM

Webmaster
11-10-2004 @ 7:09 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

I commented out your information above due to security reasons.

I did however try to connect and it did so just fine. are you behind a firwall or anything like that?

Thanks,
Pablo Varando
Team Macromedia Member
=====================================================

donboe
11-11-2004 @ 12:36 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello Pablo,

Thanks for your respons and kindness, but that's how desperate I am. There where more people who asked us about that firewall. When, however, we asked that question to the company where we have our serer, they told us that it is a standard configuration without a firewall.

Another person though suggested the following:
quote:

Just ask your network admin to allow http access on port 1433 to the IP address of your server.

Is this something you recognize or that you are familiar with?

Thanks in advance,
Donald Boers

maquiladoras
11-15-2004 @ 3:28 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I think what the guy was saying is one of the machines (most likely to be the CF server) has some sort of firewall or IPSEC in place.

for instance most webservers dont have any need for outgoing ports, so for security reasons they would block most outgoing ports to stop certain worms and virii.

this can be done through Windows 2000/2003 or Linux locally or it can be through a firewall

what needs to happen is the CF machine needs to have outgoing port 1433 open and the SQL machine needs to be able to accept 1433.

It seems that the SQL server is open to anyone on that port, so you can easily rule that one out.

What i would do is either you or the support team SSH/Telnet to the CF machine and do a telnet to port 1433 to make sure that you can establish the connection, if you can then you have just ruled out the possibility of communication errors between the two and the fault would seem to rest in the connection parameters in the CF Administrator.

-
"There is no justice, There is Just Us"
-

donboe
11-16-2004 @ 1:24 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!