EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / Converted to MS SQL now getting error when editing

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Converted to MS SQL now getting error when editing

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

fun_tony
11-14-2008 @ 4:43 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Okay so i recently moved everything from MS Access to MS SQL. Everything was working great until I tried to edit a page I had just added into the database.

When I tried to edit I get the following error: is this MS Sql related? Please help

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.  

Error Occurred While Processing Request  
The Primary key for table "news" was not found in the datasource "".  

This error may be caused by not specifying the table name in the format that the database server expects. (For example. Oracle Server table name must be upper case or the Server table name must be qualified in the format of "schema.table_name". For the SQL Server, the format is "databasename.username.tablename", such as in customers.dbo.orders)  

The error occurred in D:\INETPUB\yyy\cfadmin\news_form2.cfm: line 6

4 : <cfif EditMode>
5 :      <!--update movie-->
6 :      <cfupdate datasource="yyy_composite" tablename="news">
7 :      <cfset action="updated">
8 :           <cfelse>

This message was edited by fun_tony on 11-14-08 @ 4:46 PM

weathermanfsu
01-16-2009 @ 12:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!