EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / How to back up db

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: How to back up db

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Shalinko
11-29-2007 @ 1:03 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Recently had to re-install all of pc...not a prob as all (except db) was backed up to seperate hd. I develop locally using MSSQL client tools and adp's and then upload new tables as and when ready. I had done quite a bit of work when pc died, and now have to recreate half a dozen tables plus repopulate data.
Can I make a 'create table' sql code which I can then run to restore tables, or is there another way?
Thanks in advance.

maquiladoras
12-01-2007 @ 4:55 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Normally  what i'd suggest is creating the tables then using SQL's own backup jobs to create a copy of the MDF/LDF's for the sql tables then through DTS or through SQL Studio to Export the table to SQL Scripts

That way you can create the structure on the fly.

However in a situation like this where the Databases have been lost without backups you'd probably have to through manually and recreate it, unless you want to go through your CFQUERY commands one by one to determine the structure

-
Any code printed thus far is likely to be stolen and used by Ray Horn, well done...ray
-

Shalinko
12-02-2007 @ 2:34 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!