EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / Sql Server does not allow remote connections

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Sql Server does not allow remote connections

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Richard
09-03-2007 @ 9:59 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello,

I have SQL Server 2005 express loaded on my webserver and I have loaded SQL server studio manager on another terminal.  When I try to connect to the SQL Server it tells me that i can't and because the SQL server does not allow remote connections.  How do I fix that?

RIch

SirRawlins
09-03-2007 @ 10:42 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hey buddy,

By default SQL2k5 has the TCP connections closed on it so you can connect remotely, there is a whole load of stuff on the web on how to switch it on, but from memory when I did my config I used the MS tech doc.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277

Hope that helps, give us a shout if you get stuck, it was quite simple stuff from memory.

Rob

Richard
09-03-2007 @ 12:08 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!