EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / Sql Query!!Help

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Sql Query!!Help

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

faisalguru
03-10-2007 @ 3:38 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Al right big bosses..I have a query but it is not working for some reason.

I have a :

--transaction table
--batch table
I am trying to get the total sales for each registers.
But the transaction table doesnot have the column for register id..but batch table does have the column for register id .but transaction table have the column for batchnumber. so basically the batch table and transaction table is linked by the batchnumber.
Now the question is the batch number is not constant.It changes whenever a new transaction takes place. How can I query my transaction table to get the max number of the batch for that specific register.

this is my query:
SELECT Batch.RegisterID, Batch.BatchNumber, [Transaction].TransactionNumber FROM Batch INNER Join[Transaction] ON Batch.BatchNumber=[Transaction].BatchNumber WHERE (Batch.RegisterID = 1) AND (Batch.BatchNumber =(SELECT     MAX(BATCHNUMBER)FROM BATCH))

My registerid is constant but not the batch numbers.

mquack
03-10-2007 @ 4:31 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!