EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / Hosting db inhouse

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Hosting db inhouse

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Nita
03-09-2007 @ 11:49 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Has anybody hosted just the database inhouse but for the rest used a hosting company?

GrowlyBear
03-09-2007 @ 1:33 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

if you want to host the db inhouse, you need someone to setup your server properly. AND set it up so it has a proper dns to resolve. then you need the web host to point their coldfusion server to your server to access the DB remotely. they may charge for that.

oh ya the setting up your inhouse server will be just like hosting it yourself. PHP & mysql is free but you'll have to buy your CF license

why not look into VPs virtual private server. cheaper than owning a server but it is totally under your control

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CF Blogger
http://www.cfblogger.com

This message was edited by GrowlyBear on 3-9-07 @ 1:38 PM

Nita
03-09-2007 @ 2:13 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!