EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / SQL Server DSN problem

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: SQL Server DSN problem

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Richard
12-01-2006 @ 10:27 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello...

I have just installed SQL Server 2005 express, and I am having problems creating a DNS for it.

I put in the datasource name, and the name of the database.  My developement server is geomatic-server.  Do i need to put in a username or password???  

What should the port number be???

Thx,
Rich

twista
12-03-2006 @ 9:47 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

My first suggestion is to download the SQL Server Management Studio Express.Here

Then setting it up is a breeze. Open up the management studio, connect to your local server with windows intergrated security. Then you should see a tree view with lots of folders on one side.

To add a new log in:
Open the folder "Security"
Double click Subfolder "Logins"
In the main window you should see some weird info. Right click in a blank space and click "New Login"

Enter the name, and make sure you select "SQL Server Authentication".. enter the password and you should be set. You can now use that username and password to set up your DSN.

The Default port for SQL Server is 1433. So that should work just fine for you.

good luck Smile

-------------
-Morgan
Lead Trainer of the Ninja Squirrels
quote:

every time you store comma delimited values in a relational database, God kills a kitty.
-CJ

Richard
12-11-2006 @ 11:09 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!