EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS SQL Server Related Issues / Cannot connect?

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cannot connect?

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

twista
10-04-2006 @ 1:06 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I installed SQL Express with Advanced Tools on my machine yesterday evening so I could play around and learn SQL. But I can't get the d*mn thing to connect as a datasource in CF.

Using the SQL Server Configuration Manager, I've enabled both my local ip(127.0.0.1) and the other IP that was listed. I restarted the service and tried both in CF, with no luck.

If I use the local IP, I get the following error.
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect

If I use the other IP, it simply times out.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it's simple.. but I'm stumped.

-------------
-Morgan
Lead Trainer of the Ninja Squirrels
quote:

every time you store comma delimited values in a relational database, God kills a kitty.
-CJ

CJ
10-04-2006 @ 1:17 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

might need to specify a port in the CF Administrator.  

check to see what port your SQL Server install is listening on and specify that in your datasource setup in the CF admin.

-CJ-
@ #coldfusion/DALNet
http://charlie.griefer.com

Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself.
—Chinese Proverb

JJfutbol
10-04-2006 @ 1:20 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Ahhh yes that issue. Smile  I could make you suffer or give you the solution?? Instead of that I'll be nice. Read my second post (which should be the 4th one) on the following link and it should hopefully fix everything up for you:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=1168008

----------------------------------------------------
Some free CF applications available at my site, such as the popular CFC Validator www.javier-julio.com My new site design is up!! Let me know what you all think! Working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.0 Strict.

twista
10-04-2006 @ 2:09 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!