EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS Access Related Issues / inserting dates into access

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: inserting dates into access

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

asmostad
04-30-2006 @ 2:40 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

okay, this is driving me crazy. i am trying to insert a date into a date/time field in my access db. i am passing a form variable from one page to the action page which inserts the data. if i make the form field hidden with a value of #int(Now())#, it will insert the correct date. just passing #Now()# displays incorrectly, and if i let users input the date it is displays incorrectly. even more interesting, is that diplaying the form field that is passed to the action page displays correctly, just not when displaying that row in the table. so it seems to me like the data being passed is correct, it just doesnt get displayed or entered into the talbe correctly.

anyone have any suggestions?

megan
04-30-2006 @ 3:18 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

hi

when inserting your date try using the CreateODBCDateTime() function e.g #CreateODBCDateTime(now())#

when displaying the date, you can use the DateFormat() and DateFormat(functions, e.g. #DateFormat(mydatetimevar, 'mm/dd/yyyy')# #TimeFormat(mydatetimevar, 'hh:mm tt')#

you can look up these functions at cfQuickDocs

hth ~megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

weathermanfsu
10-04-2006 @ 1:57 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!