EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / MS Access Related Issues / Access DB size....

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Access DB size....

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

SouthLand
04-06-2005 @ 10:33 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

my database size gets bigger and bigger no matter how much data is taken out. I have deleted 4 tables that had atleast 80,000 records filled with 25 columns full of data and the size stayed the same.

I tried copying over the structure of my one table only and the size stayed the same when i imported it.

anybody know why my database size stays the same even when i delete information from it?

also if i am going to use access for the web, how many users at one time can hit the database and get information?

can access be used for a site that will have 100-200 users on at any time doing queries?

thanks a lot guys.

andrew@nexgenimaging.com

JJfutbol
04-06-2005 @ 11:51 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I agree as I suffer from the same problem when I edit my databases for my website. I have about 4 now and if I have taken away tables the file size doesn't change. Maybe its just the way Access is built.

Need browser testing?? I have 8 browsers on my PC including: IE6, NS4.8, NS6, NS7.2, NS 8 (Beta), Opera, Mozilla, and Mozilla Firefox.

SouthLand
04-06-2005 @ 11:59 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

if thats the way access is built...thats ridiculous.
atleast someone else has the same prob as me.

Im not really needing browser testing, because all of the users are using ie5+. Im more needing info on how many users Access can support hitting the database at any given moment.

megan
04-06-2005 @ 1:13 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!