EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Hosting / CF hosting with GoDaddy

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: CF hosting with GoDaddy -- page: 1 2 3 4 5

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

megan
05-16-2006 @ 6:27 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

yeah - it really looks like this is a problem their support needs to fix, but sounds like they don't want to admit it's their problem Frown

~megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

desky
05-17-2006 @ 3:54 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

so, i contacted their customer support AGAIN today and went thru the entire story AGAIN and was told that the macromedia/adobe article is wrong and that the only way that this would work for me is to use .php to move the file ...

**if i knew .php and wanted a .php server i wouldnt have paid the extra for the CF support**

*sigh*

any ideas/suggestions Smile

mquack
05-17-2006 @ 4:00 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

quote:

any ideas/suggestions

YES!  Ditch them and get a REAL host!  They obviously have absolutely no clue whatsoever about ColdFusion, so if you want ColdFusion, get a host that knows what the hell they're talking about/doing!

http://www.rachelqueensg.com

desky
05-17-2006 @ 11:05 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Ok guys, I FINALLY!!! got this to work.

After countless support tickets, phone calls (thank god for VOIP since they dont have an 800#) and hours on google and forums

I found out that part of my problem was the fact that I have my account running on a linux box (i needed php support and they dont offer it on their windows servers) and that is why they wouldnt allow the CF user account write access to the other folders.  They said something about it being really powerful and could cause serious problems if misused, blah blah Smile   and that the only way I could make it work would be to use .php to handle the upload and move process.

So I started looking at .php and finally found the answer to my problem.

I am still using the .cfm page to upload the file but instead of the action being another .cfm page it points to a .php page that does the rest and it works ... here is the .php code, hopefully I can help someone else from going thru all of this in the future

**/  

<?php

$uploaddir = '/uploadfolder/';
$uploadfile = $uploaddir . basename($_FILES['userfile']['name']);

echo '<pre>';
if (move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], $uploadfile)) {
   echo "The file was successfully uploaded.\n";
} else {
   echo "The file was NOT uploaded!\n";
}

echo 'Here is some more debugging info:';
print_r($_FILES);

print "</pre>";

?>

mquack
05-17-2006 @ 11:10 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

LOL!  The problem still remains though: you are attempting to use ColdFusion with a host that has absolutely zero clue about it!  But if you're happy with mix-matching your apps, more power to ya! Smile

http://www.rachelqueensg.com

desky
05-17-2006 @ 11:14 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!