EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Hosting / CF hosting with GoDaddy

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: CF hosting with GoDaddy -- page: 1 2 3 4 5

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

GrowlyBear
03-06-2006 @ 12:17 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Anyone here using GoDaddy's Cfhosting?
I trying it and am not sure what I should expect when compared to other hosts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Error!! Variable ISDEFINED is undefined.

spingiggy
03-06-2006 @ 6:22 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello,
If you are going to use the hosting account to develop ColdFusion Scripts, you'll not get far. They don't allow the use of cffile, cfdirectory or any other coldfusion tags. You can't even use custom cfc's so editors like the FckEditor and others will not run..

If you are going to run very simple scripts such as a blog or something, then the uptime is rather good but just don't expect much if your going to try and run any advanced scripts or coding..

This is all assuming you're on the $3.95 per month plan with the $1.95 per month coldfusion addon.

Chris

giega
03-28-2006 @ 12:25 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I am having problems with GoDaddy CFFILE upload. However, they are still working on the issue. They say it's my script, I say it's their server. And now they will investigate. But if I am wrong, they will charge me a custom support fee. The issue they are having is described as Macromedia isssue 53397.

desky
05-15-2006 @ 1:50 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

i have having the same issues with godaddy hosting ... i even provided them with the macromedia/adobe article and they still come back with the same response.

"Then, you will need to use PHP to move the data from /tmp/ to a directory you can access.

Unfortunately, we do not provide coding or scripting support through this forum. I recommend performing a search on a search engine such as Google.com. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

The hosting isnt bad for the most part, as my sites are pretty simple and dont require much to run them

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Thnx!

This message was edited by desky on 5-15-06 @ 1:51 PM

menuboy
05-15-2006 @ 6:49 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi,

Dont worry too much, they can fix the problem - they did it for me.

I signed up for coldfusion hosting with godaddy about 2 months ago and for the most part they have been fine.

I had the same problem with CFFILE but I explained the problem and what the solution was and they fixed it for me pretty quickly:

This is the email I sent them when they asked what the problem was:

"The URL is http://.../.../getitemedited.cfm. This is within my administration area and the location or the URL is probably irrelevant as to the solution I need. I will explain:

The problem is most definitely the Coldfusion server denying me access to C:\CFusionMXuntime\servers\default\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp when I use the CFFILE tag to perform action=”upload” within the tag.

You need to allow me access to this location for temporary files to be held when using CFFILE and action=”upload”.

Please advise as to the solution as soon as possible as when I signed up for the godaddy hosting package it made no mention of any restriction when using the CFFILE tag. In fact the CFFILE tag works fine with action=”write”. If restrictions with this do exist I will have no option but to cancel the account as this is a key feature for administering my site (which is a shop with product images). I would expect a full refund if this is the case."

Try this solution and let me know how you get on.

Daz

desky
05-15-2006 @ 11:28 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!