EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Hosting / Hostingatoz

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Hostingatoz -- page: 1 2

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

riogrande
07-24-2007 @ 10:34 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I am looking for Windows Shared Hosting-what is a reliable package with hostingatoz? Thanks

kicker
07-24-2007 @ 2:30 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Although there have been problems with their service (up time, mail issues, etc) I really don't mind, mainly because things happen. So any of their packages are good. Just depends on what you are hosting, how much traffic you are expecting, what features you want, etc.

Craig
Clearcg.com

CJ
07-25-2007 @ 10:53 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

with any host, the various packages just allow for more/less disk space, features, etc.  none are any more "reliable" (i'm referring to the various packages on a shared server... moving to a dedicated 'package' would certainly be more reliable, if that's what you're asking).

back in june, i set up a site monitor to see how reliable hostingtoz is.

http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?Id=54549&&UserId=69175

roughly 98% uptime (and fwiw, they've had issues with their colo last week that contributed significantly to the downtime... before that it was over 99%).

99% ain't great (it sounds great, but many SLAs guarantee you 99.9% uptime), but for what you'll pay ($35 a year gets you CFMX7 Enterprise), I think it's well worth it.

Of course, it depends on what you're looking to do.  I'm hosting a personal site that's not revenue generating, and if it goes down every so often, no great loss.  If you're looking to host a customer site, they might not be so understanding.  if you're looking to host a commercial site that will potentially lose money if it goes down, you might not be so understanding.

what i normally tell people is it's a great place to pay a small amount of money to get yourself a coldfusion "playground".  

-CJ-
@ #coldfusion/DALNet
http://charlie.griefer.com

Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself.
—Chinese Proverb

Lossed
07-29-2007 @ 12:48 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Must be getting close to 36hrs downtime (no kidding-wish I was though) on their "ChilledServer"...and counting...
Something about a RAID array failure.

:(

Lossed
---------------------------
When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail Smile
-----------------------------

GrowlyBear
07-29-2007 @ 2:07 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

This is really crappy, why other with RAID if you can crash so well.
What really POs me is the email where they say go check out this forum to see what is bring said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CF PaperClip
http://www.cfpaperclip.com
CF & OOP in baby steps.

kicker
07-29-2007 @ 1:20 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Can I just throw a subtle observation out there for everyone to consider.

Yes, hostingatoz has it's problems, I was with a host that cost even more and even with all the problems that hostingatoz has still has less than that other host. Could it be perception....probably. See I don't see $64 dollars a year compared to the $35 a month that much money, and I know unless I host my own site NO SITE will be perfect 24/7/365 days a year.

I am not sticking up for them, I think it is a little ridiculous to have sites down for 30+ hours. I also am a little perturbed with the fact that when it did come back up fr one reason or another it broke my fusebox based site. BUT I am saying why get mad at something you already know will indeed happen on any server. As the saying goes SH............happens, more often than not. At least in this case you are not spending a fortune while waiting for it to be shoveled.  Wink

Craig
Clearcg.com

Lossed
07-29-2007 @ 5:23 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!