EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Good Coding Tips! / help in Coldfusion with mail servers

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: help in Coldfusion with mail servers

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

usman_2004
03-03-2008 @ 8:51 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello. can anyone help in configuring mailserver to run on local my local computer together with my web server. Right now i installed kerio mailserver and having problems with it. Can any one please help?

dlackey
03-03-2008 @ 9:50 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi UsMan2004.  

If you have a specific error message or if you can be more specific with your question, you'll typically get better assistance here.  

Cheers,
Chip

nmiller
03-03-2008 @ 1:13 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but have you considered NOT using a mail server on your local machine?  It somewhat depends on what you're using it for.  if you actually want to send/receive emails you can use an external server (just use the ip address usually) to do so.

Nathan Miller
NM Consulting

pangea33
03-09-2008 @ 7:10 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Agreed, it might make the most sense to set up a reference to your ISP's mail server in the CF admin. Keep in mind that most ISP's require at least some degree of authentication.

As you probably know, that simply requires you to use your credentials in the "Mail Server" field of the CF mail tab. (i.e.: username:password@mail.isp.com)

If you still feel that you want to set up a mail server on your development machine, you might want to let us know what OS you're using. That makes a big difference.

--
http://benconley.net

usman_2004
03-10-2008 @ 2:04 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!