EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Good Coding Tips! / to oop or not to oop?

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: to oop or not to oop? -- page: 1 2

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

gmilby
11-26-2007 @ 8:08 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

anyone have any good demo apps/examples that show the advantages of oop in coldfusion?
i'm from a 3g world (PICK/jbase) and just as soon as i think i understand oop - i learn something more about it and realize there is a lot more to it.
maybe a good example/etc would help(?)
TIA,
Greg

=:All Hail, er - i mean "oh hell...":=

louissto56
11-26-2007 @ 8:41 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Yeaah!! I am also interested in this. Maulins was getting so excited (and i mean excited) about it on MSN so I need to see what the fuss is about

Thanks'
Louis

Notice-Board in NZ has now been released. Check it out at www.notice-board.co.nz !!

Webmaster
11-26-2007 @ 10:18 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

If you want to see something like this... I would suggest you check out a framework (such as Mach-II) or something like Reactor.

Those are the best examples (public) that you can see how to take advantage of OOP.

Pablo Varando
Senior Application Architect
EasyCFM.COM, LLC.

904.483.1457 \\ mobile
webmaster@easycfm.com \\email

gmilby
11-27-2007 @ 8:31 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Two answers... pick one and reply to it:
A:   dude - i've been checking out framworks
hand-over-fist, and most of them seem to be application concentric... they reuse code within themselves (which is the point), but the language methodology appears to be leaning towards reusable code (much like .net does and cf8 is even incorporating into it's basic os framework).
aabrams worked with me to help me understand the basic of frameworks - that was a good start - so that i knew what i was looking at when i was looking into frameworks.
it's probably just me, but i see a big gap between the way coders appear to be going and the way the software is being developed. like i said, i could be just be taking too much medication and imagining the whole thing, but it seems that a 'contact form' is a 'contact form'... doesn't usually get much more basic than that (on any app or os).
i invision a layering of operations, forms, fields/objects that can be added/adjusted on the fly with a basic premis of what each component is (by it's nature).  
maybe i just need to find a way to "think through" what i see - maybe it's just not there yet, and then again, maybe i should just call my dr and schedule some blood work  Playful Wink

(in case that was way too much bull shoot for ya)
B:  Cool, can you give us some pointers?  Playful Wink

=:All Hail, er - i mean "oh hell...":=

This message was edited by gmilby on 11-28-07 @ 1:30 PM

gmilby
12-08-2007 @ 6:59 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

i found this website in someone signature http://cfoop.org/  going to give it a look-see and hopefull it'll shed some light on the subject(?)

Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.
-Robin Williams

megan
12-08-2007 @ 8:17 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!