EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ASP to CFML / help converting ASP to CFML - connection code

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: help converting ASP to CFML - connection code -- page: 1 2 3

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

MikeCFM7
03-07-2007 @ 2:44 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

disregard my last post -- I got my database working and can now see any column from my table.  Now I just need to go back to learning more cf code.

I wish there was someway I could explain just how important your help has been.  Without the help of JJ and the very kind moderator I may have given up on cf. Now I am able to connect and use my database on GoDaddy and believe me, after all the googling I have done, I can tell you there are numerous people who have given up because of trying to connect to a database on GoDaddy. Perhaps when I learn more I can help some of those people myself!

Thanks very sincerely!

You are appreciated.
Mike

JJfutbol
03-07-2007 @ 4:32 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I like that. I get my named mentioned but the moderator doesn't. No one likes a "tough lovin" moderator. Smile  We are always glad to help out Mike. Don't be afraid of asking questions. What makes a difference in someone answering your question is not only if you are detailed in what you know and what the issue is but if you are willing to help yourself. No one will write code for you. As long as you make that effort people here will always help. Good luck and keep up the great progress! Smile

----------------------------------------------------
Some free CF applications available at my site, such as the popular CFC Validator www.javier-julio.com My new site design is up!! Let me know what you all think! Working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.0 Strict.

mquack
03-07-2007 @ 4:40 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I'll second what JJ said.  Glad you got it working.

<editorial-note>

And, for the record, before giving up on CF because of GD, I would urge you to give up on GD.  The fact of the matter is, they don't have the first clue about CF.  They offer CF hosting, yet they can't support it (as you experienced in your email conversation with them).  This is not a shortcoming of CF, but rather their shortcoming.  There are a number of inexpensive CF hosts that are tremendously better than GD.

</editorial-note>

www.rachelqueensg.com
Amazon Wish List

JJfutbol
03-07-2007 @ 4:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!