EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ASP to CFML / help converting ASP to CFML - connection code

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: help converting ASP to CFML - connection code -- page: 1 2 3

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

MikeCFM7
03-06-2007 @ 3:45 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

It has been a few days so I can't remember what their confirmation said but I do remember it said successful.  If I am remembering correctly I did not have my database uploaded and in fact I don't think there was a directory "Access_db" until after I had finished the DSN setup.
So, I guess I need to try their setup again while my database is there, right?
Question

You are appreciated.
Mike

mquack
03-06-2007 @ 3:49 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Well, let's put it this way: it's physically impossible to setup a DSN without a database to connect to.  Smile

www.rachelqueensg.com
Amazon Wish List

MikeCFM7
03-06-2007 @ 4:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Makes me wonder what GoDaddy means by "setup successful".
I will try to redo the setup and then post the results.  I need some time to play around as I continue trying to learn.
Thanks, easycfm has helped more in a few minutes than GoDaddy has in weeks.

You are appreciated.
Mike

JJfutbol
03-06-2007 @ 6:32 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Just to add after seeing Mike's code you were missing pound signs around the datasource variable you created and specified in the cfquery tag. So for example you should have this:

<cfset datasource = "database_01">
<cfquery name="getBible1" datasource="#datasource#"...

instead of this:

<cfset datasource = "database_01">
<cfquery name="getBible1" datasource="datasource"...

The first example CF knows anything within pound signs is some sort of expression or variable. In this case we want to output the value of the variable called datasource. What's wrong in the second example is that your saying the datasource name is actually "datasource" instead of "database_01". Just wanted to make sure that was clear.

...Just so you know, the secret word for this post was "drunks". Quite descriptive of those involved here. Smile

----------------------------------------------------
Some free CF applications available at my site, such as the popular CFC Validator www.javier-julio.com My new site design is up!! Let me know what you all think! Working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.0 Strict.

mquack
03-06-2007 @ 6:36 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

quote:

Just so you know, the secret word for this post was "drunks". Quite descriptive of those involved here.

I occasionally resemble that remark.  Evil Grin

www.rachelqueensg.com
Amazon Wish List

MikeCFM7
03-07-2007 @ 10:09 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!