EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Polls / incorrectly categorised threads

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: incorrectly categorised threads -- page: 1 2 3 4 5

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

megan
02-20-2008 @ 10:23 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I like what you said Pablo - as for my question, the reason I asked (& over the years I have been Mom, foster Mom, adoptive Mom, Mom in Law & now Grand Mom) is that it isn't all that easy to get kids to consistently put things where they belong and at times I will confess that I decided relationships are more important to me than a perfectly tidy house ;P ~megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

kicker
02-20-2008 @ 10:41 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I personally, found the entire conversation nothing more than the local book club getting together to complain about a books cost and then running out to buy it anyway. Sorry best analogy I could come up with at this hour (been up since 6am and working on an AIR app enough to fry anyone's brain).

We were all at that point when we started. And I know I have annoyed my fair share of people. I think what everyone is trying to say is that there are times when certain individuals abuse the system as in any "community" and we are just pointing it out in a no pointing fingers kind of way by complaining openly instead of blasting this person or that person.

Sometimes I think there should be more moderators some times things go on a little to long. But would that actually help. Probably not. We all have lives. Unless you can find a 35 yr old Guy that still lives at home with mom and doesn't have a job....well you can't police the entire community 24/7.

All is well in the easycfm community. And it will be even better when the ferrets take over. Playful

Craig
Clearcg.com

GrowlyBear
02-21-2008 @ 12:12 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

1) human nature is at fault. FEW people scroll down. code Help is right on top.
2) problem with this forum app, ie: it cannot REALLY move a thread. you get this irritating one post link that sez thread moved. and in search with toss up BOTH links, the wrong/moved and the actual.
3) human nature at fault AGAIN. People rarely post a question in a section with few posts/replies. code help has tons so everyone heads over to the "popular" water cooler and posts their question there regardless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CF PaperClip
http://www.cfpaperclip.com
CF & OOP in baby steps.

SirRawlins
02-21-2008 @ 4:41 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

*high fives growlybear, its been a while my man, how are things?

If you wanted to be REALLY anal about it all you could always argue that people shouldnt be posting thier SQL and DB related questions on a ColdFusion forum at all Smile

Generaly I've always found that if I've got a problem with some SQL or a DB admin question you generaly get a much more thorough answer posting it on a dedicated SQL forum as its filled with SQL programmers, you really cant beat it. At the end of the day they're totaly different technologies. Smile

Rob

louissto56
02-21-2008 @ 6:59 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

@Pablo. I think we do need some more Mods (id be willing to be one Wink ). I know there are a few mods here that havent posted since 2004 and have a post count of like 200.

I think maybe we should let those type of threads pass. Honestly, is it that big of a deal? We don't want to scare people away by getting angry if they post their topic in a category they are unsure of.

Maybe if we had more mods we could just move the topics as we see fit and alert those who need be.

Louis

dlackey
02-21-2008 @ 9:40 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!