EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Polls / incorrectly categorised threads

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: incorrectly categorised threads -- page: 1 2 3 4 5

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Lossed
02-20-2008 @ 3:32 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

!!!Officially Off Topic!!!
--------------------------

What's the point of the DB Help section of this forum if every man and his dog clutters the coding help section with DB related threads?

Furthermore, point two of the Forum Guidelines, clearly suggests searching for solutions before posting questions. Just how accurate is a search of the DB help section going to be if only 10% of DB related threads are contained therein?

So, here's a call to arms for all similarly anally rententive easycfmers to go on strike and never answer any DB questions posted anywhere other than the DB help section. Unless it is to suggest the original poster re-thinks the location of their post.

Have your say below, and vote for posting anarchy or for highly strung forum dwellers like myself to back off... Wink

Lossed
---------------------------
When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail Smile
-----------------------------

This message was edited by louissto56 on 3-10-08 @ 11:37 PM

kicker
02-20-2008 @ 4:00 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I love the sneaky ones that post the same question in multiple threads and categories, but make sure the Title is different in each.

I'm training my army of human flesh eating, martial arts expertly trained ferrets as we speak so that I can soon hopefully let them wipe those sneak rat fink.... well you get my drift.

Your not anal if so I am the lord of anal wannabes. No really I am on the verge of being Monk with everything in its place and heaven forbid you move a dust ball without telling me first. So asking that post being put where they should be isn't anal its more Ms Manners.  Smile

Craig
Clearcg.com

dlackey
02-20-2008 @ 4:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

@kicker

I have to admit, I'm guilty of that posting same post but with different subjects only because I'm not sure if the issue was with the sql statement or the cfm code.  Smile

Cheers,
Chip

Lossed
02-20-2008 @ 4:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I should note my disdain for DB clutter in the coding help section is limited solely to those posts of a purely  DB related matter, not those containing, in part, a DB aspect to the issue.

It is unrealistic to consider coding issues exists in a vacuum and are never influenced by DB issues, so I should have made that point clearer before ranting.

It's just those posts that are purely DB related, the proliferation of which in the coding help section seems to be growing by the day, diluting (my at least) interpretation of the original intent of such a section, cluttering it without justification, and rendering search results of the DB section significantly less effective.

</rant>

Lossed
---------------------------
When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail Smile
-----------------------------

kicker
02-20-2008 @ 5:49 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

@dlackey - I had some others in mind, but I will add you to my list of profiles the ferrets are to hunt out if you would like.  Wink

@lossed spoken like a true diplomat. I however am not one nor aspire to be, but you are right there are gray lines. Yet there should be some i.d.-ten-tee error handler for the ones that clearly fall to one end or the other. Just because someone is using <cfquery> doesn't automatically make it a coding question.

Craig
Clearcg.com

PS shouldn't this thread be in general discussion.  Wink

This message was edited by kicker on 2-20-08 @ 5:50 PM

Lossed
02-20-2008 @ 6:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!