EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Polls / What's your Most Commonly Used ColdFusion Tags?

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: What's your Most Commonly Used ColdFusion Tags?

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

daveED
05-03-2007 @ 7:47 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Other than CFQUERY & CFOUTPUT what are the most common ColdFusion Tags you use,
and what is your favorite cf tag.

I use conditional statments for program control flow.
CFIF
CFELSEIF

Structures;

CFSET
CFPARAM

CFQUERYPARAM to help prevent SQL Injection

My favorite cf tag is the classic CFIF

This message was edited by daveED on 5-3-07 @ 8:04 AM

JJfutbol
05-03-2007 @ 8:06 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hmm I would definitely say cfset but then again I guess thats expected. Smile  To be a bit more original or different I know I use a lot of cfimport for my custom tags and cfcomponent and cffunction for OO development. I use cfdump very regularly too for debugging. One of the best tags in CF by far.

----------------------------------------------------
Some free CF applications available at my site, such as the popular CFC Validator www.javier-julio.com My new site design is up!! Let me know what you all think! Working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.0 Strict.

Webmaster
05-03-2007 @ 1:03 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

<iu:tagName>

that would have to be one of mine... specially since i use it a lot to create the front end display... but wait.. that isnt a CFTag you say? Sure it is! Smile

<cfimport> defines the import of the custom tag library.. then the UI call is what I use to do all content display... from tables, to form buttons, etc... that allows me to keep structure Smile

but aside from that... overall; cfset and cfdump Smile

Pablo Varando
Senior Application Architect
EasyCFM.COM, LLC.

904.483.1457 \\ mobile
webmaster@easycfm.com \\email

This message was edited by Webmaster on 5-3-07 @ 1:03 PM

JJfutbol
05-03-2007 @ 1:13 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!