EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / Free ColdFusion CMS

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Free ColdFusion CMS -- page: 1 2 3 4

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

gmilby
12-20-2007 @ 2:14 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

i've been giving this a lot of thought, and i've pretty much come to the conclusion that i usually find a cool cms, put it up, write a welcome statement and sit back and think how cool it is.  Then immediately go looking for more skins so i can see if i can make it even cooler.
nevermind the functionality - other than 'being there and looking cool' it rarely meets my needs...
it's not much, but i've just started making my own - my way - for me withonly pages and functionality that i give two hoots about.  even if it takes me 3 years i'll get there someday.
i'm up to getting one page template to work with my whole site at the moment... it's crude but i'm pretty  happy about it. i got a recipe database started that works within my mini framework, and i can switch templates in about an hour (counting configuring time/etc)... if the template is already configured, i can switch in two or three minutes.
if you want to watch it as it grows over the next few years - go to http://gcm.syr.edu/

Success is the ablity to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
-Sir Winston Churchill

webartist
03-17-2008 @ 1:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Megan or anyone else fimilar with CFNUKE or CFxtreme,

What was exactly was wrong those CMS?  was it security or database setup or what.  

I have a desire to build from one those 2 programs.  I have Partner up with someone who know how to do databasing connection with CF and access or MS SQL.  Soon he may be studying the My SQL connections.  

I am not a programmer by any means but I would like to see this type of CSM to come back that I am willing to host it for the community somehow. Some of you may remember that provided 12 different color Skins for CFXtreme.net and those were so fun that I was waiting for the rewrite to throw in some more premade skins

As soon as find out what was the problem with I am going to see if I can do anything about it Smile

webArtist
bill

STP
04-04-2008 @ 10:56 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello...  megan, Newton, PseudoNym, loydte3 & webartist

Probably don't remember me, I was involved a little with cfnuke and more with cfxtreme, not near as much as you folks though.  I created/modified a few plugins for cfxtreme.  Miss workin with Cold Fusion, its been a while.

Also, Hello to Pablo, I was around alot back when he was involved in cfm-resources.com and hosted from them for years.

Anyhow, the reason I am posting is that it looks like cfnuke is making another go around...

Check it out at http://www.mycfnuke.com  

Looks like Mark is looking for some old code, I may still have it somewhere myself, will have to look around.

Glad to see you all still around.

STP - Gary

This message was edited by STP on 4-4-08 @ 10:57 PM

megan
04-05-2008 @ 12:49 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hey STP - I remember you Smile  I just sent Mark my copy of cfnuke/cfxtreme - there might have been one release after  the one I have but I don't think there was more than one Smile  ~megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

gmilby
04-05-2008 @ 4:30 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

@Gary: it's about @#%$ time Smile

i always like cfnuke - good model to build from. if you want to do yourself a favor though - check out the skinning method by ray camden (unless you've already checked it out and opted not to do it?). just google <cf_layout> ray camden - it'll come up... make applying themes a piece o' cake.

if you need help - let me know gmilby|AT|verizon.net

Success is the ablity to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
-Sir Winston Churchill

megan
04-05-2008 @ 8:54 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!