EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / beta check

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: beta check

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

steini
10-24-2005 @ 5:55 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

hello ng,

I need assistance for a new website project, examined please all functions and announce errors directly to my support team (after login).  thanks

www.flirtdreams.com

meechp123
10-31-2005 @ 8:40 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

i would lose the iframes.

-Demetrius Pinder-
www.nutsandboltsdesign.com

steini
10-31-2005 @ 8:58 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

why, usual browser can deal with iframes perfectly.

christian

JJfutbol
11-02-2005 @ 11:12 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

iframes = bad. It is said by W3C not to use them and many many web developers recommend you don't either. Don't worry I used to love them myself. Smile  But that was because I only knew HTML now I know CF so I can do everything I need with an iframe using a simple include. I always used to put my navigation in an iframe.

----------------------------------------------------
Need FREE CF applications?? Then my site has it all, http://www.javier-julio.com/development/coldfusion/downloads/ In time I will be including many more free CF apps and ASP ones as well. Currently working on a fully accessible Forum, which validates as full CSS and XHTML 1.1.

jfill
11-02-2005 @ 11:58 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I would say this about iFrames, they have a place.  If you use them in the proper place then they work great.  Heck this forum application uses iframes on the reply page.  

I do not see the point of using iframes for the reasons they were used on this site.  In fact, it makes the site look junky b/c they are not needed.  Sorry if that was too harsh ....:)

I will agree and say lose the iframes, but I will disagree in saying iframes are always bad.  

As far as the site, once you do a search it is hard to tell what to click on to view the profile.

steini
11-02-2005 @ 2:01 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!