EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / flash on the outside cf on the indside

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: flash on the outside cf on the indside -- page: 1 2 3

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

louissto56
03-04-2008 @ 7:31 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Well these are some options so far:

- Ask questions that adults would only know. Although that may be hard now that kids have google and pretty much know everything that adults do (unless you ask politics and tax questions Smile )

- A credit card validator. Make sure it's not recorded only verified. Only problem is kids could get their parents cards and some adults may not even have one.

- Phone activation. You could request them to input their phone number and have someone call back to confirm their age. Cons would be the price of phone calls.

- ID validation. Get them to upload a scanned picture of some sort of photo ID. But that means they have to wait for the photo to be checked.

I don't think there is a drivers license web service (remember you will most likely have international users so if there was one it would only work for one country)

I think the best way is to use credit card validation or get them to upload a scanned picture of some photo ID. I'm only 16 and I can find a way to pass all of them so it's a bit of a pickle. I must be the youngest user on easyCFM lol.

Louis

-----------------------------
www.MyBizList.com.au - QLD Business Directory and rent-a-site

This message was edited by louissto56 on 3-4-08 @ 7:33 PM

johnglynn
03-05-2008 @ 8:48 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!