EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / flash on the outside cf on the indside

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: flash on the outside cf on the indside -- page: 1 2 3

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

johnglynn
02-27-2008 @ 11:20 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Megan,

We are very fortunate to have you take so much of your time to review our work, please let us know if we can ever return the favor!

Cheers,
John

megan
02-27-2008 @ 11:22 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Yeah, Well you tempted me ;P - but I do have to stop playing now, I promise to play more later tho - take care and keep us updated on how things go - megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

louissto56
02-28-2008 @ 11:40 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I like it! Megans right, very easy to use. One thing though, is there going to be a browse or search feature so you can find other groups?

Louis

-----------------------------
www.MyBizList.com.au - QLD Business Directory and rent-a-site

johnglynn
02-29-2008 @ 6:14 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi Louis!

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to check it out:)  We will have a search feature for finding items within a group (CF is great for this, yeah!)  but we are debating allowing you to search for other groups.  Whereas myspace facebook google groups and the like often group people together who otherwise do not know each other gagglePUTZ is about helping groups of people who already know each other.  You can only join a group by making one or being invited into one.  No soliciting.  But as I say it is a debate, why not both?

Thank you again!
John

megan
02-29-2008 @ 7:53 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Well, you might make it optional to the group site manager - if they want their group to be found, searchable by others: yes, or if they want to keep the group private, searchable by others: no

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

johnglynn
03-01-2008 @ 10:30 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hey Megan,

One of the considerations in the debate is minors.  Kids can make groups, my kids have groups with all their friends in it.  I don't want that searchable.  I wish there was some way to verify age online that way we could force a group to be private if the members are under 18 or whatever.  

There are other considerations too, we are going to be implementing a money exchange in a week or so allowing members to pay each other (great for member dues and such) using PayPal's API.  This gets dicey when you consider the privacy and security issues with all of that.  Included is a ledger showing what you have paid and to whom and why.

Thanks!
John

Huh?

megan
03-01-2008 @ 10:36 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!