EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / flash on the outside cf on the indside

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: flash on the outside cf on the indside -- page: 1 2 3

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

johnglynn
02-26-2008 @ 4:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi All,

I have been working on this for a while now and would love opinions:)  
gagglePUTZ

The front end is ALL flash but it is all CF under the hood.

Thanks!
John

Huh?

megan
02-26-2008 @ 6:17 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

cool concept  - obviously a LOT of hard work has gone into this, & even tho this is a beta for us to test - 2 things I noticed right away is that there is no way to use the back button on the browser (also no "home" button or "go back" button) and there is no overview info so a new person can get the "whats it all about" sales info, no screenshots and no demo or virtual tour so even tho I saw the little blurbs on the front "page" I felt disoriented and did not want to signup for anything with out more detailed info about what I might be signing up for - just knowing that it was some kind of web app for (private) groups is not enough.

just a few thoughts, megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

This message was edited by megan on 2-26-08 @ 6:18 PM

johnglynn
02-26-2008 @ 8:24 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Great feedback Megan!  We are working on a demo site to play with, that should help.

We are not too worried about the back button thing once you make your site but I think you are right, home base needs more nav buttons.

I did work out a a solution that makes flash sites work with browser nav buttons: nav buttons with flash So if it becomes a ongoing issue we have some recourse... (But it needs tweaking for IE7)

Megan, if you did sign up and make a group we would be very interested in your feedback of that experience.

I think you are dead on though, it needs something right away that you can play with to know if it would really be useful for your group or not.

Thank you again for taking the time to offer you helpful input!

Cheers,
John

This message was edited by johnglynn on 2-26-08 @ 8:29 PM

megan
02-27-2008 @ 9:58 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

ok Smile  - just as a side note, when I try out a new app I like to pretend I am just a regular person who has little to no inclination to try and figure anything out - there's a great book on web app usability called "Don't Make Me Think" and it has been my experience that most typical users really don't want to have to rub 2 brain cells together and figure anything out.  ;P Also, when I am making my own apps I find I am usually way too close to the app to see where I haven't made some feature obvious enough for the typical user.

I have a lot on my plate today, but I will get back to you if I have anything else that jumps out at me.

~megan

We have art so that we shall not die of reality ~ Nietzsche

johnglynn
02-27-2008 @ 10:08 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!