EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / New Forum

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: New Forum -- page: 1 2 3 4

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

louissto56
12-23-2007 @ 7:59 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Nice couple of sites there. The CMS looks pretty good but no design!! Hehehe

The only crit I have is the flash nav. There is a javascript hack to remove the "Click here to activate" box so users don't have to click to activate it all the time. I think this is only in IE though.

Goodluck with your other projects!

p.s @greg "louis has taught me that length of time doing something doesn't make someone superior"

I don't remember that!! Oh well I'll take the credit anyway lol. just add me to your quotes database.

Louis

Notice-Board in NZ has now been released. Check it out at www.notice-board.co.nz !!

tmbrown
12-23-2007 @ 9:21 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I'm proud to say it!  The forums are now ready for registration and posting.  All I have to complete now is the internal messaging system and a couple of other user features.

http://www.SnippetJunkie.com/

Thanks guys.

T-Rav

Webmaster
12-23-2007 @ 11:12 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

A couple of suggestions and feedback on what I saw going through it as a user.

1) on the home page on the right you have a LOGIN box and a "register" button. The idea I get (or so it seems) is that you are typing in the values you want for username.password... then when yougo to register the values are lost... persist them.

2) on the register page you ask for password but you dont confirm it so the users password matches. (typos Smile

3) On the register page "clear entries" should be on the right... I did "TAB" to submit the form and since it was first I had to re-type everything again!

4) On the "form action page" of register you have a typo "Congradulations" should say "Congratulations"

5) I logged in using the right area.. then went to add a new topic and it prompted me to log in again Smile  and again and again.. I could never really add a topic so stopping here..

Let me know when these are fixed and I will continue Smile

Pablo Varando
Senior Application Architect
EasyCFM.COM, LLC.

904.483.1457 \\ mobile
webmaster@easycfm.com \\email

tmbrown
12-23-2007 @ 11:19 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Thanks Pablo for checking it out.  The changes have been made.  As far as the adding topic, the only thing that i can conclude is that cookes aren't enabled.  I did go through the code and change acouple of things, so you could try it again.  If the problem persists let me know.  Thanks again.

T-Rav

louissto56
12-25-2007 @ 8:24 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!