EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / Newly Built Flex Component

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Newly Built Flex Component

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

kicker
12-20-2007 @ 1:19 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Well for a while now I've been working on a website for a group built in Flex. I wasn't to happy about the amount of code that was showing up on the "members" page some 300+ lines just to do a simple image list with drag and drop and what have you. So I got fed up and set out to build my own component that would do everything I wanted within one tag. (Sorry by component I mean a subClass of the UIComponent Class (things like datagrid, image, tilelist are subclasses of the UIComponent)

So I created my ImageGrid Component. It has built in drag and drop functions, column count, image height and width. All you have to do is tell it what target to drop on and the image target it is suppose to send info for. Also it doesn't require a strict data type like the TileList component. You feed it data in the form of an object or array and it finds the images. Works with jpg,gif, and png image formats. Anyway Here is the link try it out would love some feed back.

http://hglive.com/flexapp/imagegridcomponent.html

BTW the source code and examples as well as documentation are available through that link as well. Let me know if you you use it cause I would love to see  what you did with it.

Craig
Clearcg.com

Website Designed and Developed by Pablo Varando.