EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Application Beta Testing Area! / Multi User Blog Alpha - Beta Testing Needed!

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Multi User Blog Alpha - Beta Testing Needed!

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

kevsarg18
04-24-2007 @ 6:17 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

In my spare time (ha!) I have been putting together a multi user blog system to aim at VW owners (VW enthusiasts are generally very passionate about their cars)

http://www.lot-o-nothin.com/blog/ is the current development location

I need feedback on the signup process, and managing your blog. Most copy was written on my new laptop, so spelling errors are likely. OK, I'm a poor speller anyways. Copy is not final - I like to fill up the page with something so it looks more complete though.

Areas to test:
* Signup / Activation / Logon (password recovery is not turned on yet)

* Blog management
* Blog Options
* Blog Profile

* Interface and Terminology Consistency - feedback please.

Things that I know need work

* blog archives will fail given time. The way it works now is not going to be friendly after a year or so.

* blog features. I don't blog. Never have. I know everyone else seems to think it's the bees knees. I'm sure I'm missing some essential features, but at the same time want things simple and easy to use.

My goal is to provide people with their own little space geared towards their VW's

I also want to have some more features integrated that bring all the blogs together better. I added a gallery of the cars so you can search for specific models from the main page. I want to maybe add some standard topics or labels so you can search everyones blog entries for common things, like 'repair how to' or 'engine specifications'

Please give it a thorough beating and let me know what you think! I want to release it asap, but I know there are minor issues here and there,

My CFML Scripts.

kevsarg18
04-24-2007 @ 6:19 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!