EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Applications / ActivEdit

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: ActivEdit

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

pbaaos
03-09-2006 @ 9:11 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Have anyone used the ActivEdit add-on?  It presents an MS Word type interface to a text input box.  The documentation states version 4 will work on a Mac using Safari 1.2 or higher.

We obtain an 'invalid license code' error message when attempting to use it on a Mac.  

We need to provide these features as we have applications which require the entry of scientific notation.

Thanks for your help

Pam

spingiggy
03-09-2006 @ 10:02 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello,
As far as I know. The downloadable demo will only work for localhost on a local machine. You would need to contact the developers to obtain a purchased license or to get support for it I think.

TinyMCE works on all systems and all browsers. It's also free and uses only javascript.
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

The only downfall is that most of these editors like tinymce, fckeditor, activeedit and so forth add an additional 1MB to your project. There is a small flash editor that I mentioned in a reply to another topic today that is fairly small but it may not have a lot of features that you need. Here is the link for the flash editor. http://www.tufat.com/script57.htm

Regards,
Chris

This message was edited by spingiggy on 3-9-06 @ 10:04 AM

pbaaos
03-09-2006 @ 10:08 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!