EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Applications / Tutorial 67 Question

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Tutorial 67 Question

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

babray
07-21-2004 @ 5:14 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi!

I'm stumped with another newbie question!
Kevin's tutorial 67 works great but I'm having a brain cramp around getting pages to display. I see where Kevin is using the "cfsetting enablecfoutputonly" and changing from yes to no to control the display of html code. Simply put on his sample index page he has the copy set in cfoutput tags. Is this the best way even for complex pages, or is it through "cfsetting enablecfoutputonly" on all pages? There's bound to be something simple I'm missing.
Thanks in advance!!!!
B

megan
07-21-2004 @ 6:11 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi~

The CF Live Docs can really be helpful with these kinds of questions.  Basically, cfsetting enableCFoutputOnly is usually used to control the amount of white space that is generated when the coldfusion server is processing your code.

cfoutput Displays the actual output resulting from a database query or other cf operation

hth ~megan

Estne tibi forte magna feles fulva et planissima?

babray
07-21-2004 @ 6:20 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Thanks Megan!

I had looked at the Live Docs, and it did appear that the enablecfoutputonly dealt with white space. You would think that when the security routine is working, that replacing the index page consisting of: <!--- Everyone can see this page so there is no security checks. --->
<cfoutput><h3>Home</h3></cfoutput> with my normal index page that it would show instead. Ir does not, so I'm open to any suggestion. That's why I figured that it might have something to do with the enablecfoutputonly.

Again, thanks for the hand!
Betty

babray
07-21-2004 @ 6:21 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!