EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Applications / Application for Charting

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Application for Charting

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

nk
04-13-2004 @ 1:36 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I am making a graphical dashboard using the CFChart tag in MX. But I'm facing a lot of restrictions and quirky things like:
a)     The legend placement (left, right, top, bottom) cannot be decided. It is automatically placed by CF MX. The legend has to be enabled for giving a click through functionality.
b)     The labels get truncated at times as the size is automatically decided by CF
c)     The size of the graph within the image cannot be decided as CF automatically decides the size of the graph based on the no of items in the graph, the labels in the graph and the legend.
d)     Two or more series cannot be combined in the graph.
e)     Two or more types of graphs cannot be combined in a single graph (Ex: No of users per branch represented a bars and no of appointments as a line)

I'm looking at a solution under $1000 and applicable for an enterprise('cause that's my budget Frown  which would help me get over the restrictions I face.
I've tried looking at www.corda.com, www.jinsight.com, www.visualmining.com and www.objectplanet.com, but they all go over my budget.

Any suggestions??

jrockfl
04-18-2004 @ 11:08 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!