EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Applications / IDX Tutorial for a Real Estate Application???

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: IDX Tutorial for a Real Estate Application??? -- page: 1 2 3 4 5

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

CF_Newbie
11-25-2007 @ 8:52 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Looking for a little help, I know many of you including Pablo has set up applications that consume real estate idx feeds from MLS systems then save the information locally to a database or... Not really sure how this works and would appreciate a tutorial on this subject, perhaps with some working examples for download so I can play with and not have to reinvent the wheel

Suffer from CRS making learning to program a drag. ;-)

specific
11-25-2007 @ 11:12 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

IDX have u searched in Google for this..

i am working on real estate now and if u stuck anywhere post here, we will help u?.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Door to Coldfusion Community Will Remain Open Till World Ends

Want a Web Portal Contact Me

randhawaz81@gmail.com

waynobweno
11-26-2007 @ 11:50 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Where are you located. Region-wise? This will make all the difference. You may have to pay big bucks to get the raw data feeds to the mls/idx. I have created a system, it is proprietary software which I dont want to give out, but I may be able to help you a bit...

1st Thing: call you mls office and get access to the raw data feed.

Real Estate: Content - Presentations - Results
www.realestatecpr.com/demo

CF_Newbie
11-26-2007 @ 9:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Yes I have, all I can find are services selling the application I'm trying to build and host on my own using coldfusion. Type in idx and you'll get a million services and realtor associations and so on who use idx or are writing about it, none of them how to's other than how to use our idx solution!

Suffer from CRS making learning to program a drag. ;-)

CF_Newbie
11-26-2007 @ 9:48 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

waynobweno       

I'm in New Jersey and I'll take all the help I can git! T
he RAW data feeds do have a charge but they are minimal seeing that I am already a member of the MLS because I am a realtor as well. I started out in IT and Web dev and made the jump! Like a million other shmucks! lol...

Now I'm just looking to create an application or build upon one already available to learn more about coldfusion and so I don't have to shell out all the $doe$ on a host for consuming idx service feeds...

I checked out your demo, very nice! That would be a great starting point for what I had in mind.
  Smile

This message was edited by CF_Newbie on 11-26-07 @ 9:56 PM

waynobweno
11-27-2007 @ 12:43 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hey cf_newbie

Yeah my real estate is a full featured solution. I can integrate with any MLS and pull the data down. What is cool about my system is when ever you want to list a home  as a featured tour on your site, all you have to do is enter the MLS number in your admin section and the site automatically constructs the virtual tour, all the data, a GPS satellite map to your property, auto lists it with trulia.com, zillow.com and gives you the option to list with realtor.com... it has full built in virtual tours, java tours, google maps, yahoo gps'ing funtionality, search engine optimized and you can add unlimited pages to your site...

It is the full featured solution!

Anywho, if you are interested I could totally hook you up. It would save you approximately 560 hours. Thats what it took us.

Cheers!

Oh yeah and it has the idx.

This message was edited by waynobweno on 11-27-07 @ 12:43 AM

CF_Newbie
11-30-2007 @ 9:39 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!