EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Applications / Shopping Cart Choices

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Shopping Cart Choices

remove book mark from this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

WillyFX
10-26-2007 @ 10:24 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I am looking for a shopping cart to install for small business. Need one that is reliable, moderately simple to install and reasonably priced. My cf skills are intermediate. Any suggestions? Any opinions on Cartweaver?

Regards,
Willy

bobbaader
02-12-2008 @ 5:03 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Cartweaver may be ok for you, depending upon what you want it to do. If your shipping methods only depend upon weight or cart subtotal, then it's good. If you want the shipping method to depend upon the quantity of a certain item in the cart and change to another when the quantity surpasses that, you're stuck as-is out of the box. I find the same thing to be true with discounts. If, for example, you have a discount for a group of items at 10% off if there are 10 of an item in the cart and three of another item in the group in the cart, it will not differentiate between the two. It will take 10% off of both. The discount logic in CW is frustrating since it will apply the greatest discount while ignoring all others. This will cause customers to have to place multiple orders to utilize available discounts or coupon codes since only one is allowed per cart. AARGH!

Bob

smith2009
03-23-2009 @ 5:43 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!