EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Applications / Can't update my Flash form

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Can't update my Flash form

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

raym444
06-11-2007 @ 1:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I'm obviously overlooking something very simple since I can't seem to find anyone having this exact problem. I have a Flash form on my CF page that uses a <cfselect> to select a client from the drop down list. I also have a <cfif> statement that tells you your selection and displays a button once a selection is made. Everything seems to work fine when the form first loads, but when a selection is made from the drop down list, nothing happens. I've tried to use the onClick=this.form.submit() feature, but I just get an error saying "There is no method with the name 'form'." The code for this form follows. I've found numerous posts on the web that address other OnClick requests in a Flash form, but nothing about updating the current form with the selection in the drop down list that would allow my <cfif> statement to activate. It's been driving me nuts for days now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the forms code:

<cfform name="frmselectpayments" preservedata="yes" action="selectclientpayments.cfm?" method="post" height="258" width="360" format="flash" skin="haloblue">

<cfformgroup type="panel" id="panel" height="220" width="350" label="Select client to view payments for." style="headerColors:##8ED1F9, ##F2F5F7; marginTop:0; marginBottom:0; fontSize:12; font-style:normal; text-align:center; headerHeight:35; cornerRadius:12; panelBorderStyle:'roundCorners'">
          <cfformitem type="spacer" height="30" />
          <cfformgroup type="vertical">
          <cfformgroup type="horizontal">
               <cfformitem type="spacer" width="20" />

<cfselect name="lClients" size="1" style="text-align:left" message="You must select a Client to continue." multiple="No" width="250" onChange="this.form.submit()"><option>------------- Select a Client -------------</option>
                    <cfloop query="qClientPayments">
                 <option value="#ClientID#" <cfif isDefined('form.lClients')><cfif form.lClients eq "#ClientID#">selected</cfif></cfif>><cfoutput>#ClientID# - #CustomerName#</cfoutput></option>
                    </cfloop>
                    </cfselect>               

</cfformgroup>
     <cfformitem type="spacer" height="40" />
          </cfformgroup>
          <cfformgroup type="horizontal">

<cfif isDefined('form.lClients')>
          <cfquery name="qClient" datasource="#Application.Datasource#">
          SELECT ClientID, CustomerName
          FROM tblClients
          WHERE ClientID='#form.lClients#'
          </cfquery>                    
               <cfformitem type="spacer" width="85" />
               <cfformitem type="html" style="font-size:18px; font-weight:bold; font:##003366">You have selected <cfoutput>#qClient.ClientID# (#qClient.ClientName#)</cfoutput></cfformitem>
               <cfinput name="Payments" type="button" width="150" value="View Payments" onClick="">               
          </cfif>

</cfformgroup>
          </cfformgroup>     
</cfform>

kicker
06-11-2007 @ 5:05 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!