EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Server / Standalone Server Problem

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Standalone Server Problem -- page: 1 2

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Micky
05-24-2003 @ 2:42 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

When I originally installed this about 2 weeks ago, it was working.  Since then I installed a router to enable wireless connectivity for my laptop.  The router sets itself up as a local internet and I think has some "firewall-like" characteristics.  CF hasn't worked since then, however, I'm not exatly sure that the router is the culprit.  I keep wondering, though, if the router and it's software might be the issue .  

I don't see anything (msconfig) associated with the router that starts ip intitially so I can't try to disable anything.  This has really thrown me for a loop.

Micky
05-24-2003 @ 3:57 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I talked to Microsoft (maker of the router) and they said that they're certain the router is not the cause of the problem. They even had me bypass the router and the associated software and, sure enough, CF MX still wouldn't verify the d'bases nor would it allow me to access them.  I want to thank you, Maquiladoras, for the assist.  If anything else comes to mind, please feel free to interject.  I'll try anything.

Back to square one...

This message was edited by Micky on 5-24-03 @ 3:59 PM

Micky
05-24-2003 @ 5:33 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Did a little more research and installed the JAR componenet that elaborates a bit on the JDBCPool error.  Here is the report with greater explication.  Hopefully, this will help the CF sages pinpoint the problem.

Connection verification failed for data source: ows
[]java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info java.sql.SQLException: [MERANT][SequeLink JDBC Driver]TCP/IP error, connection refused..

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info java.sql.SQLException: [MERANT][SequeLink JDBC Driver]TCP/IP error, connection refused..

maquiladoras
05-24-2003 @ 6:06 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

you would probably be best going to Macromedia for support then, just remember, when you hear hoofbeats, think horsey, not zebra Smile

----------------------------
"If you hear hoof beats, think
horsey, not zebra"
----------------------------

Micky
05-24-2003 @ 6:30 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I think horsey is zebra with JDBCPool error.

I'm going to keep stopping by to see if anyone else has any ideas.  Things are slower than slow over at M'media.  I see this error an awful lot so maybe someone will remember how they successfully surmounted the problem from another route since (I think) this error can occur for several reasons.

This message was edited by Micky on 5-24-03 @ 9:58 PM

Micky
05-25-2003 @ 8:59 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!