EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Server / Standalone Server Problem

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Standalone Server Problem -- page: 1 2

remove book mark from this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Micky
05-23-2003 @ 11:57 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I'm trying to use CF MX as a standalone server, but each time I try to verify the database from within the root in CF Admin "Datasources" it responds "error" as the status.  It does this even when I attempt to verify cfsnippets, CompanyInfo, or exampleapps, which are installed with CF MX Server in the root.  

When I submit or resubmit a database it responds:

SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info.

However, the installation does interpret cf code if it's in the root and as long as it is not trying to access a database.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CF MX several times but that didn't help.  I installed the program on my slow laptop and it worked fine (verified both the CF data structures that come w/ CF MX and my Access database) so there has to be some other issue that I cannot figure out on the desktop unit, which is where I need to run the code.  I have XP Pro on a P 2.2 w/ 1024 Megs of RAM.  I have a router installed that creates its own IP but I don't think that's the problem because the CF code runs okay w/in the CF server, which requires it connecting with the proper IP (127.0.0.1)...at least I think it does.

Please help me resolve this issue so I can start learning CF.  I've been playing with this for the past 3 days!

Webmaster
05-23-2003 @ 1:02 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

First question.. Are you installing Latest Update from Macromedia for ColdFusion?

I installed CFMX on Windows XP and applied latest release (3) and had the same isssue. I unintalled them and re-installed CFMX (WITHOUT THE update) and it worked fine.  Try that and let's go from there.

Thanks,
Pablo Varando

=====================================================

Micky
05-23-2003 @ 1:15 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I had them installed but uninstalled them and still had the problem.  Since then I uninstalled and reisntalled CF MX and have the problem.  I look in Control Panel > Admin Tools > Data Sources and the database is installed just won't verify in CF Admin and can't be accessed in a CF application w/out getting the JDBCPOOL error refereneced above.  Very confusing!

This message was edited by Micky on 5-23-03 @ 1:17 PM

Micky
05-24-2003 @ 8:36 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I uninstalled and reinstalled CF MX for about the last time.  I have no clue where to look or what to do.  I see this problem mentioned quite often but I've never heard of a solid resolution.  If anyone has any thoughts or potential workarounds, I am ALL ears.

maquiladoras
05-24-2003 @ 9:44 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

i had a similar problem where all of a sudden CF would not verify Datasources, best thing to do is to
go to the CFMX Administrator, and then go to the datasource you want to use, and click the advanced tab and put in your username as Administrator, and then the administrators password.

If you haven't got a password set, or you want one, or what have you, go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Computer Management

then under System Tools, there is Local Users and Groups, click the Users folders, and then right Click Administrator and "Set Password..."

then once thats done make sure your DSN's reflect the Administrator's UN and PW

solved all my problems Smile

----------------------------
"If you hear hoof beats, think
horsey, not zebra"
----------------------------

This message was edited by maquiladoras on 5-24-03 @ 9:48 AM

Micky
05-24-2003 @ 10:13 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!