EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Server / LDAP questions

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: LDAP questions

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Airwolf00
12-02-2003 @ 6:19 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

first i will explain what i have got now.

At the moment working with an intranet site which is connected to an sql server login and an LDAP login.
When logging in CF is checking if the username and password are the same as in the LDAP directory.

Now you guys asking me what's the problem then because everything is working...

Well 1 thing i am missing now is that i can look up and compare data from LDAP and SQL but DON'T can change the information which stands in the LDAP.

To explain it again more and which way i wanna go now, is that the users cannot change there passwords at the moment on the LDAP. I have spoken to more professionals about this problem and they told me that it's impossible to change LDAP entrees in my case.

So the question i have now for you guys is simple... is this true? or do you guys know better and tell me that it IS possible.

At the moment can't show ya the source codes but just wanna have an answere first if it's possible or not and then see HOW it's possible to achiefe this anyway.

Already thanks,

Steve Feddema

<=============================>
Crazy people who are productive are geniuses. Crazy people who are rich are eccentric. But crazy people who are neither productive nor rich are just crazy.

Airwolf00
12-12-2003 @ 8:49 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!