EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / ColdFusion Server / Coldfusion mx7.0.2 on CentOS 5.5/not parsing

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Coldfusion mx7.0.2 on CentOS 5.5/not parsing

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Wizzar
03-15-2011 @ 7:49 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi there all,

recently i have moved our hosting service from owning our own servers (co-lo) to using Amazon's EC2.

After a great deal of trouble and time, we have succesfully installed Apache II on CentOS 5.x.

However, we installed the Coldfusion mx7.0.2 (including all updates) and we discovered that although cfmx 7 appears to be working, that is, it is showing the html elements on any given coldfusion 7 web page, it is NOT allowing the cold fusion variables or tags to work.

So, to illustrate, if CFSET my_variable = "this string", the page would just show the actual code and variable but not it's containing value.

Has anyone else run into this issue before? Perhaps the same symptoms on a differnent operating system server?

Is this an library issue?

NOTE: we had all this working before on our own servers without any problem. The only difference now is that we
updated CentOS from 3.5x to 5.4. It worked wonderfully for months. NOw thatwe are using Amazon's machine images for CentOS 5.4 , there is now some kind of issue that we cannot see....

Rooting in work is crucial to any accomplishment. Rooting in mere enthusiasm will in the long run force illusory measures to keep the fires of empty enthusiasm going. And this makes politics and politicians.
Wilhelm Reich -- April 19, 1951

Webmaster
03-15-2011 @ 9:30 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!