EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Feedback Area / Tutorial Contests

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Tutorial Contests

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

kicker
05-22-2007 @ 3:12 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I know that this will probably cause some hooting and hollering, but I am posting it anyway. I am not accusing anyone of anything so please don't put words in my mouth or attack me for doing so.

Anyway I would like to suggest that instead of tutorial contests being voted on by email submitted votes (which seems to be a very easy way of having the contest hacked)
that future contest be decided on my a panel of easycfm member judges. You could rank each one on a series of merits such as:

1. usefulness
  2. easy to follow/read
  3. appropriate for the level of experience
  4. etc

Just a suggestion.

Craig
Clearcg.com

louissto56
05-22-2007 @ 7:16 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

*hoot hoot* *holler hollering* Smile

I think thats a great idea. Who will be the judges?

Louis

Notice-Board in NZ has now been released. Check it out at www.notice-board.co.nz !!

Webmaster
05-22-2007 @ 10:04 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

I think that would be good; however it allows for interpretation.

When "comittees" vote the biggest issue is around "who i like and who I don't etc" so it could allow for interpration and "hacking" too... plus as an author your content has some affect; but ultimately its up to the comittee... this way they can somewhat affect the results.

Being that I am the only one that has access to the voting results; I have nothing to gain/lose with "defining who wins etc.."

I will put together something for the next sweepstakes and we can certainly give it a try... At the end of the day; i want to allow people to win stuff for helping the community... how we pick WHO wins; make no difference to me Smile

Who wants to help built a "vote" or rating system that people (the judges) can use to rate a tutorial from 1-10 on different areas... then the average of those votes would define the winner? (Judges can't see the others ratings).... anyone up for writing it?

Pablo Varando
Senior Application Architect
EasyCFM.COM, LLC.

904.483.1457 \\ mobile
webmaster@easycfm.com \\email

kicker
05-23-2007 @ 1:21 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!