EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / CFLOGIN Problem!

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: CFLOGIN Problem!

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

][ce
07-04-2005 @ 8:44 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hey everybody!

I'm having some serious issues with CFLOGIN, and I'm hoping somebody can steer me in the right direction. Smile

We've recently upgraded our Coldfusion Server from 4.5 to MX, and I wanted to take advantage of a lot of the built-in functions, such as CFLOGIN.
Therefore, I changed my session variable login, to CFLOGIN (which I'm beginning to think was a mistake - although, turning back now is not an option).

Here is my problem: It appears as though my session variables are expiring long before CFLOGIN.  So, what is happening, my application still thinks the person is logged in because GetAuthUser() is returning a value, but then as soon as I call on a session variable, most pages will throw an error, since the values no longer exist.

I think everything is correct with my timeout values:
<CFAPPLICATION NAME="PortalApp"
     SESSIONMANAGEMENT="Yes"
     CLIENTMANAGEMENT="Yes"
     SESSIONTIMEOUT="#CreateTimeSpan(0,1,30,0)#"
     APPLICATIONTIMEOUT="#CreateTimeSpan(0,1,30,0)#">

<CFLOGIN IDLETIMEOUT="5400">
     <CFLOGINUSER NAME="#qryPortalLogin.EmployeeID#" PASSWORD="#Trim(form.txtPortalPassword)#" ROLES="#qryPortalLogin.UserRole#">
     ... more code here...
</CFLOGIN>

I've tried just about everything I could think of, to no avail.  My only lead was a macromedia article that talked about J2EE sessions, although, I've tried every combination of settings, and the problem is still happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

GrowlyBear
07-04-2005 @ 9:36 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Save yourself some headache do not use cflogin.
Search this forum, more problems with cflogin than successes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

][ce
07-04-2005 @ 10:18 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!